Revelation 11: 3 - 13:
3. And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy
for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”
4. They are “the two olive trees” and the two lamp stands, and
“they stand before the Lord of the earth.”
5. If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths
and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to
harm them must die.
6. They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not
rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power
to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every
kind of plague as often as they want.
7. Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that
comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and
8. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—
which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their
Lord was crucified.
9. For three and a half days some from every people, tribe,
language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them
10. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will
celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two
prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11. But after the three and a half days the breath of life from
God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror
struck those who saw them.
12. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them,
“Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while
their enemies looked on.
13. At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth
of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the
earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to
the God of heaven.
It is the end of human history, and the beast and his false
prophet are consolidating their new world empire, crushing all
opposition beneath their heals. Those who refuse to take their
mark may neither buy nor sell within the boundary of their ever
growing empire, while those that do are lost. Yet this new
world order is facing growing opposition from the remaining
free nations and a mysterious organization led by two men
rumored to be not of this world. They preach repentance and
set the captives free. Yet to their enemies they are the ultimate
terror, appearing and vanishing at will, consuming them with a
terrible fire. They are men both feared and admired, openly
challenging the beast and his claims to divinity, destroying
his armies sent against them. They seem invincible. The final
showdown between good and evil has come. In the end only
one shall remain. What shall be the destiny of humankind?